Mar 1, 2009

In LinkedIn

Couple of years ago, I hit upon LinkedIn – I just created my profile then. Over a period of time, the portal has gained due recognition. It is now a placeholder for a ‘global professional profile’. In fact, I can foresee companies asking for LinkedIn profile URL from candidates than their CV/résumé.

My idleness in the portal before was a result of a myth in my mind “It is just another social networking portal”. It was not, it is not! In fact, it is very useful professional networking portal where you could hook up with your colleagues (current as well as previous).

I especially liked the ‘recommendation’ part of LinkedIn, where one could recommend a connected member or get recommended by him/her for a specific employment. The portal also has regular features of a discussion forum, groups, job postings and email exchange. While there is no ingenuity check on profiles, it is still a strong platform to connect to professionals. The portal has one other feature of ‘introduction’ where a member can introduce two connections to each other – and the network grows.

My rating: 4/5

No comments: